Davis and Davis
Insurance and Real Estate

History

About us


History

Edward Davis, founder of the Davis Insurance Co., started in the insurance business in 1927 out of his home at 155 Palmer Avenue, Colon, Michigan.  In 1933, the agency became licensed to sell insurance for Auto Owners Insurance, and began a continuous relationship which we still enjoy to this day. In March of 2008, we celebrated our 75th anniversary with Auto Owners and were recognized as one of the few agencies with such a long-lasting relationship.

Around 1950 the insurance business kept growing and around this time they also took on real estate sales.  Roger Davis, the son of Jerry Davis, came on board as a producer in 1961. 

The year 1985 also brought major changes, as Roger and Mike Davis purchased the old Markum Funeral Home at 333 South Blackstone for new office space. A total gutting was needed to get the building in a condition to handle the new office operation with wiring for computers, fax machines, copiers, and phone systems. A new cement parking lot was installed that accommodates eight cars where the old barn used to be located. New furniture was purchased, computers were installed, and we were ready to go to work in February of 1986.

In 1995, Roger Davis retired and Mike & Sandy Davis became the sole owners. In January of 2006, Mike’s son, Tadd Davis, joined the agency. In January of 2009, Mike and Sandy Davis sold the agency to Tadd. He is now proud to be the fourth generation of the Davis family to own and operate the agency in Colon.

Get In touch

Don't be shy!  If you have an insurance or real estate need, Davis & Davis can offer a solution.  Click the button to make an appointment!